There goes the neighborhood

This was literally true for many Arlington property owners who found themselves “eminent-domained” out of their homes to make way for JerryWorld. But hey, let’s hope the “White House” is still standing, because Pacman Jones is coming to town!

I’m not sure I can root for the Cowboys anymore.

8 thoughts on “There goes the neighborhood

1. mario

Ah don’t be a wet blanket Chris. Pacman will be on his best behavior while he’s here. If he isn’t, he’s gone, no questions asked. He’ll behave if only to not get kicked out of the league forever. Remember, most everyone hated T.O. coming to town, and now he’s ok by us pretty much. Besides, who among us hasn’t gone to a strip club and acted the fool?

Anyone?

Bueller?

…er, what I mean is, I’ve never been to one of those places I hear they’re bad.

2. mario

Anyone?

Bueller?

…er, what I mean is, I’ve never been to one of those places I hear they’re bad.

3. chris Post author

Pacman and TO are not in the same ballpark. To paraphrase Pulp Fiction, nor are they in the same league, or even the same f’ing sport.

T.O. is a prima donna with a need for attention whose record is clean. Pacman has been arrested how many times? And one of his posse’s victims lies paralyzed. And he appears only to show “remorse” so that he can get his livelihood back.

4. chris Post author

5. mike Post author

I must admit, I have come around on this one. I was actually happy when I heard the trade has been agreed on, especially at the low price. This is professional sports, where all that really matters is performance on the field, and winning. If the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl with PacMan, will anyone really care?

As Mario said, PacMan will be on his best behavior. If he’s not, he’s gone, and the Cowboys are out a 4th and 6th round draft pick.

6. mike Post author

7. mario

Chris,

Yes, you’re right with your paraphrase of Pulp Fiction. However, do you really want to go down that road, open that can of worms, in terms of pulling support for a team based on the character of their players? That’s the highway to hypocrisy and “gray-area” hell right there. Forgive and forget, he’s turning over a new leaf, as long as he’s hitting .325

After all, do you really want to know what your favorite [insert sport here] stars do when they leave the stadium? Just because they haven’t been arrested (yet) doesn’t mean it’s any more right…

For the Cows and their fans, as long as his behavior doesn’t impact the team from this point forward, it’s just business.

8. mario